Friday, July 25, 2008

The Fair

I've never been to the fair before. For some reason, the one thing that always stuck out in my mind when people told me about it was Fried Snickers. It sounds disgustingly wonderful, doesn't it?
Yesterday, Bryan's parents & us braved the sun & crowds at the O.C. fair. It was pretty much what I expected. Lots of food. Adorable, stinky animals. The sounds of screams from the fair rides.
Penny was less than impressed with all the wonders. She checked out the animals, fearlessly (as she does most things). She loved the dance performances (old ladies doing the riverdance). She wandered & flirted with anyone that would flash her a smile.
All in all, it was an enjoyable afternoon. I never got my Snickers but we did all share 1 funnel cake, a disgusting hot dog, & one plate of various fried vegetables & meats. The biggest lesson I learned is that the fair is not condusive to the vegan lifestyle.

No comments: